(#282) Josh Hillis is our featured guest this week who joins the show to discuss the truth about what it takes to achieve sustainable fat loss.
Josh is a renowned nutrition coach who specializes in habit-based, positive changes and has helped countless people reach their health and fitness goals for more than 10 years.
He’s also the co-author of Fat Loss Happens on Monday and is finishing up his second book, Lean and Strong.
We had a fantastic chat recently discussing practical applications and strategies for healthy eating.
Here’s what you’ll hear about in the episode:
- How Josh ended up as a “fat loss specialist”
- Learn about his habit-based approach
- How he tracks behaviors
- How his thoughts have changed on food journalingThe key questions to ask clients about eating
- The biggest issue with food journaling
- What to eat for snacks? Should you eat snacks at all?
- How much of a role does exercise really play in fat loss?
- The role of stress with eating challenges
- How to deal with food cravings?
- Understand cravings vs. hunger
- How to overcome eating for boredom
- What to eat if you’re actually hungry at night?
- The 2 biggest reasons we gain weight
- How to handle weekend “binge eating”
- The type of thinking that is the #1 predictor for diet failure
- What are the CORE habits for fat loss?
- What is TRUE hunger?
- What Josh thinks about the Keto craze?
- Thoughts on Rapid Fat Loss – yay or nay?
- Learn about Josh’s upcoming book – Lean And Strong
- The importance of values with weight loss and fat loss goals
- And, hear about Josh’s next book project, as well…
- Actionable closing advice you can use!
Exercise does play a role in fat loss, but it’s not a primary tool for most people.
Weight loss is about changing your food skills. Strength training is about getting leaner.
Balanced meals really work for fullness.